Thursday, March 29, 2012

Remembering the Details

Here I am, just two days away from leaving for Mozambique, and as I go to collect my travel documents, I discover something important...I'd forgotten to book one of my flights.

Okay, it's a rather small flight that I won't have to take until the end of May (when I leave the bush to come home), but it makes me wonder...did I forget anything else?

Last weekend Mercy Tech Mission held its first ever Garage Sale for a Garage, a fundraiser for the skills training work we do in Africa, as well as for the maintenance shop we are building there. It was a huge success.

Eager shoppers line up for the 8am opening.
Some of the fantastic volunteers who made it all happen.
Used items donated and sold in Canada, so that we can provide training and tools in Africa...amazing.

Speaking of donations, I want to say a huge Thank You to Terry Cormac of Suncastle Design for donating his time and expertise in providing proper building plans for the maintenance shop. Awesome job, Terry!


These plans bring extra clarity to the project, and clarity is a good thing; it helps with things like not forgetting to book a flight.

Clarity also helps when it comes to remembering why you are doing what you are doing.

In the past number of months, I have been reminded over and over that the work we are doing in Mozambique is not only God's work; it's also a work we are doing on behalf of the many who can't go but yet contribute in so many ways.

Yes, we are ambassadors for the Lord, but we are also representatives of His church, His people everywhere who have a heart for the poor.

So thank you to everyone who is making this trip possible.
My prayer is that I represent you well.

MTM volunteer John Topham demonstrating woodturning techniques.
P.S. Please pray that the wood lathe for the Woodturning Project will arrive on time. We are being told that the shipment was delayed...but we all know that our God is bigger than that.

1 comment:

  1. This is great Rick!! It's exciting hearing what's going on.
    Looking forward to hearing more soon.

    ReplyDelete