Monday, February 22, 2010

Singing in the rain...

Okay, maybe not singing, but we did go for a hike.

The rains, although late, have arrived and while they are appreciated for growing food, they do interfere with things like building projects and doing laundry! But Sunday came with a few sunny moments, so Keren, Laura, Jeff, and I went for a walk down to the nearby river that runs through the farm. As you can see the waters have risen to a respectable level.

This rather large fellow was perched on a rock as we climbed down the bank towards the river (his shell is larger than my hand). Intimidating, but harmless. I was more concerned about meeting a snake or two under the moss-covered rocks. Fortunately that didn't happen.

Below are some Monday morning photos looking out my door at the house where I'm staying. Dwight and Lynn Lagore have been such gracious hosts.


In the next post I'll give you an update on the vehicle repairs that I've overseeing (and taking part in, of course). I do keep busy, just in case anyone is wondering...:)

So goodbye for now from the happy wanderers.

No comments:

Post a Comment